Windows 10 allows you to use the multiple desktops on your single monitor. In this lesson, I will show you the easy method to use multiple desktops in Windows 10.
Create a New Virtual Desktop Window in Windows 10
1. Click on the Task View button from your taskbar.
Shortcut: You can also open the taskbar view window using the (Windows Key +Tab) shortcut. Press the and hold down the Windows key and press the Tab key from your keyboard to open task view window.
2. Press the + New desktop text from the top-left corner of your task view window to create a new virtual desktop window.
Shortcut: You can also quickly add a desktop using the (Windows Key + Ctrl + D) shortcut. Press and hold down the Windows + Ctrl key and press the D button from keyboard.
Switch Between Desktops Windows
1. Press the Task View button from your taskbar or use (Windows Key + Tab) shortcut command to open task view window.
2. Select Desktop 2 or another desktop that you created. After that, you will see that your selected desktop window will open.
Shortcut: You can also switch the desktop window quickly using the (Ctrl + Windows key + Right and Left Arrow) command.
Right Window: Press and hold down the Ctrl + Windows Key and press the right-arrow button from your keyboard to open the next window.
Left Window: Press and hold down the Ctrl + Windows key and press the left-arrow button to open the previous window.
Move the Running Programs from One Window to Another Window
1. Click up to the Task View button. Then you will see the all running program window.
2. Right-click up to a program window, go to the Move to with next arrow icon and select the Desktop 2 or others window as you see.
Close the Desktop Window in Windows 10
1. Press the Task View button on the taskbar.
2. You will see all the desktop window.
- Hover your mouse pointer up to a window what you want to close. Then you will see the X icon.
- Press the X icon from the top-right corner of your desktop window to close the desktop Window in Windows 10.
Shortcut: You will also close the open and running windows using the (Ctrl + Windows key + F4) shortcut command. Press and hold down the Ctrl + Windows key and press the F4 key from your keyboard.