Windows 10 has a windows defender antivirus feature. It protects your computer from viruses, ransomware, spyware, hackers, and malware. But sometimes you need to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 to run a program on your computer. In this article, I will show you two easy ways to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
Using the first method you can quickly disable the windows defender. But you will not be able to switch the disable button on Windows 10 new version. Then you need to follow the second method to disable virus protection in Windows 10.
Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10
1. Click on the Start button and select the gear icon to open the settings page.
2. Select the Update & Security option with two arrow circle icon.
3. Select the Windows Security tab from the left.
- Under the protection areas section select the Virus & threat protection option.
4. On the Virus & threat protection settings section click on the Manage settings link.
- Click on the Real-time protection blue toggle button to turn it off.
- If you see this toggle button with black color that means your Windows defender virus protection already turned off. So, you don’t need to click this button.
Using this upper method, you can easily disable virus protection in Windows 10.
Tips: Windows 10 upgrade version you will not be able to disable virus protection using the real-time protection toggle button. Then you need to follow the below method to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10.
Permanently Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
1. Click on the Windows search box, type the gpedit.msc and select the gpedit.msc from the search result.
2. Local Group Policy Editor window will open on your computer screen.
- From the Computer Configuration section click on the Administrative Template folder.
- You will see a few folders right sight of the Local Group Policy Editor window. Double-click the Windows Components folder.
- Scroll down to find the Windows Defender Antivirus. Double-click the Windows Defender Antivirus folder.
- Right-click the Turn offWindows Defender Antivirus and select the Edit option.
- Select the Enabled option from the left of the windows. Press the Apply and OK button to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
3. Restart your computer to see the change.
How to Check My Windows Defender Enable or Disable
1. Click on the up-arrow icon from the right of your taskbar to show hide icons and click on the shield icon.
- If you see that your shield icon without tick sign, it means your Windows defender virus protection is disabled.
- If you see this shield icon with tick sign that means your computer Windows defender virus protection is enabled.
I hope now you can disable Windows Defender in Windows 10. If you have any problem then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.