Windows 10 allow you to create a different profile for different users. But sometimes you need to delete unnecessary profile from your computer. In this article I will show you three easy ways to delete user profiles in Windows 10.
You can delete local user profiles using CMD, Registry and file explorer. If your computer user profile corrupted or errors then you can create a new user profile and delete the corrupted profile.
Delete Local User Account in Windows 10
1. Press the Start button and click on the gear icon.
2. Click the Accounts option with a human icon.
3. Select the Family & other users or Family & other people as you see.
- You will see the all local account list. Click up to account username to select it. Press the Remove button.
4. Press the Delete account and data button to delete this local account from your computer.
Wait here a few seconds after that you will not see the selected account on the local user account list.
Delete User Account Profile in Windows 10 CMD
1. Type the Run into the Windows search box and select the Run option to open the Run on Windows 10. You can also open the Run command window using the (Windows + R) shortcut command from your keyboard.
2. Input the systempropertiesadvanced text into the Run box and press the OK button.
3. From the User Profiles section, click on the Settings button.
4. Select a profile from this list that you want to delete and press the Delete button.
- You will see a “Confirm Delete” message window. Press the Yes button to delete your selected account.
After that, you will not find the recently deleted profile on this list. Using the same way, you can delete unwanted user profile from your computer.
Delete User Profile Manually
1. Right-click on This PC text with computer icon from your desktop screen and select the Open option.
2. Double click your windows folder. My windows set up on the C drive. So I double click on the Local Disk (C): folder.
3. Double-click on the Users folder to open it.
4. You will see all users profile list. Right-click up to a folder with your Windows profile username and select the Delete option.
- If you see any message then press the Try Again button.
This user profile will remove from this list.