RAM is one of the essential parts of your computer and laptop. If your system works slow for your RAM, you need to increase your RAM. If you want to change your RAM, you first need to check your RAM type. In this article, you will know how to check ram type, check ram speed, check ram memory, and check how much ram you have.
Check RAM Memory and RAM Speed
1. Right-click the start button and select the Task Manager option.
The Windows task manager window will open. If you don’t see any app on the list, click the More details with a down arrow icon from the left below the task manager window. If you see this window already expanded with the app, skip this step.
2. Select the Performance tab from the top.
- Select the Memory option from the left.
- You will see your computer RAM capacity top right corner of the window.
- You will also see the ram speed right below the task manager window.
- Check RAM Information Using Command Prompt Window
Check RAM Memory by Command Prompt
Check RAM Memory
1. Copy the following code, paste it on the command prompt window and hit the Enter button.
systeminfo | findstr /C:”Total Physical Memory”
Wait a few seconds after that your computer RAM memory will show on the command prompt window.
Check RAM Speed Widows 11
1. If you want to check your RAM memory speed then copy the following code, paste the code into command prompt window and press the Enter button.
wmic memorychip get devicelocator, speed
Your RAM speed will show on the window.
How to Check RAM Memory Type
1. Copy the below code, paste it into the CMD window and press the Enter button.
wmic memorychip get devicelocator, memorytype
Your PC RAM memory type will show.
How to Check How Much RAM You Have
1. Click on the search icon, type the “about” text and select the About your PC from the search result.
2. Settings window will open with your PC information.
Into the Device specifications section. In front of the “Installed RAM” you will see your total ram with usable ram memory.