Firefox profile folder stores your home page information, bookmarks, toolbars, extensions, and saved passwords. It seeps your personal separate from the Firefox program. For this reason, if Firefox crashes or reboots your PC, your information will not be lost. So, follow a few quick steps to find the Firefox Profile location.
Find Firefox Profile Folder Location from Firefox Browser
1. Launch the Firefox browser on your computer. Click the Firefox menu button from the top right corner of your browser and select the Help sub-menu.
- Select the More troubleshooting Information option.
2. Troubleshooting information page will open with your Firefox browser information. You will see your Firefox browser profile folder location in front of the “Profile folder” section.
- Press the Open Folder button from this page to open your Firefox profile folder.
Your Firefox profile folder will open.
Open Your Firefox Profile Folder without Opening Firefox
1. Press the Windows + R button on your keyboard.
2. Run window will open on your screen. Type the %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
text on the run window and click the OK button.
3. Double click the profile folder you want to open from this list. If you use only one Firefox profile folder, its name will be the “default” folder. Though you can use multiple Firefox profiles.
- Different Firefox profile folders will show you different information as you set it.
The default Firefox profile folder location will depend on your computer operating system.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 11: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default
- Mac: Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default
- Linux: /home/<username>/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default
Replace on the <username> with your PC username. The default Firefox folder will be the eight random letters and numbers with .default text on the end of folder name (Example: e47i1uzc.default).